The Sacroiliac Joint is one of the most common underlying causes of back pain today. Sprained ligaments in the sacroiliac region cause imbalanced muscular responses which lead to structural compensation patterns. These patterns are often experienced as muscle spasms or weakness, and back, hip, and leg pain.
How the Serola Sacroiliac Belt Works
The Serola Sacroiliac Belt treats a variety the common problems that result in light, moderate, and even severe back pain. By wrapping the belt around a specific part of the hips, it provides stability to the base of your spine and acts as an external ligament to help put the Sacroiliac Joint back into a normal range of motion. Doing so provides pain relief caused by pulled muscles, ligament stresses or strains, muscle spasms, and pinched nerves in the hips and pelvis. By wearing the Serola Sacroiliac Belt throughout your day, chances of injury are lessened considerably during either work or play.
Provides Relief for:
|• Back Pain||• Hip Pain||• Leg Pain|
|• Sacroiliac Dysfunction||• Pregnancy Pain||• Pelvic Torsion|
|• Leg Length Inequality||• Sciatica||• Disc Herniation|
|• Spinal Subluxations||• Lateral Canal Stenosis||• Facet Syndrome|
|• Spondylolisthesis||• Straight Back Syndrome||• Scoliosis|
The Serola Difference
• The Serola Sacroiliac Belt’s patented design makes it the only belt that effectively normalizes the function of the sacroiliac joint.
• Non-elastic layer mimics action of ligaments and provides a stop point at the end of normal range of motion.
• Elastic layer provides compression to help pull the SIJ together and maintain posture
• No irritating buckles or pads
• Takes place of the ligaments, not the muscles, therefore improving muscle function and strength throughout the body
• Can be worn for extended periods without causing muscle weakness or atrophy
Serola vs. Other Products
In choosing the correct belt, you must consider the function of the ligaments:
• Ligaments establish a stop point at the end of range of motion
• Ligaments are essentially non-elastic therefore elastic cannot establish a stop point
• Ligaments do not compress a joint, instead they allow movement within normal range of motion
• Ligaments relay position sense to help regulate muscle tone (ligamento-muscular reflex)
Studies have found that correct tension for a sacroiliac belt is about what you would use to tie a shoe. Many products use buckles and other systems that allow too much leverage, which can reduce range of motion below normal and create further irritation. Elastic only belts on the other hand, fail to provide a stop point for excess motion, leading to a false sense of security.
The Serola Sacroiliac Belt has a patented design to combine the best of both layers. Together, these forces support the underlying mechanism of pressure variance and resist harmful stresses placed on the Sacroiliac Joint by bending, lifting, or twisting. The key is to compress the soft tissues of the hips just enough so that when the joint opens, it stops at its normal end of range of motion. The elastic layer is then applied to compress the joint, bring the pelvis back into correct alignment, and improve posture.
Available in sizes: (See number on bottom right corner of label)
The Serola Belt is worn around the hips, not the waist.
Small (76 cm to 86 cm Hip Measurement)
Medium (86 cm to 102 cm Hip Measurement)
Large (102 cm to 117 cm Hip Measurement)
X-Large (117 cm to 132 cm Hip Measurement)
Custom – Only for hip measurements less than 76 cm or more than 132 cm. All other measurements use standard sizes. (Patient measurement required during checkout)